My Time Stitching

And whatever else I have been up to…

PROGRESS ON MY WIP’S

on March 28, 2017

As promised, I am here to update you on the projects I am working on.  First up; The Linen and Threads Mystery Sampler:

Mystery Sampler progress.jpg

I have finished the January section on this Sampler and am loving how it turned out!  My threads finally arrived, so I will be able to continue on when I am ready.  I am not sure how I want to stitch the February and March borders.  I am even thinking of adding another color.  This is a FREE SAL, so if you are interested in doing it check out the Linen and Threads website for all the details.   Until I decide, I have set it aside and have continued on with Ella.

Ella progress 3

I finally finished that gap in the bottom of Ella’s dress!  Yay!  I actually finished a bit more, too and here is how she looks today:

Ella progress 4

I am actually enjoying working on her.  All the colors of the flowers are breaking up the yellow, so I will continue on with her for now.  If you are seeing this for the first time, it is Mirabilia’s Ella, the Frog Princess.  I am stitching her on 16ct Aida Pandora from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie.

And lastly, my temperature blanket.  I ran out of teal yarn about a week ago, so this is how I left this project:

temperature blanket progress

I’m not completely thrilled with the colors so far.  But it is still winter.  I think I finished with the temp’s on March 17.  I have more yarn on order, so as soon as it arrives, I will get back to it.

So that is what I have been up to.  I have a few projects that I am kitting up to get started, but that is for another day.  What have you been up to?  What is the longest project that you have had in your WIP pile?

20 responses to “PROGRESS ON MY WIP’S

1. salpal1 says:

I love the stitching – not sure how I feel about another color on the London fog… what color are you thinking of? The yellow dress is lovely, you know. When it is finished and you forget the tedium of it, I think you will like it.

The blanket is going to be very interesting, when the temps warm up! My longest WIP is a vest that is completely knit up and has been for years. I need to sew in the zipper. I have the zipper. I just have to make myself do it. Maybe this year. I wonder if it still fits?

2. Thank you, Salpal1. I am not sure what color I would add…Was noticing some of the other group member’s pieces and there are some with 2 colors in the borders that looked pretty interesting. I haven’t made up my mind for sure, that is why it is sitting on the back burner 😉 I know I will love Ella when she is finished. My favorite Disney Princess is Tiana, from the Princess and the frog, so I just had to stitch this one. I am surprised it has taken me this long. It would be nice if I can keep going on her and get her finished this time around. I think you should get that vest out and check it out again 😉

3. Anonymous says:

I’m so jealous of your progress on the Linen and Threads SAL. I have about 1/2 that much progress. You can always try some colors on the next row. How about kind of a dark raspberry? Certain shades of pink might be too shocking. Just have fun playing!

Ella looks like she will soon be getting some skin! That is the fun part. Plus you know me, she needs a face!

Your blanket will be so interesting when it is finished. I’m sure lots of warm colors are on the way!

• I knew it was you, Johanna 😉 Don’t be jealous of my SAL. Your is so beautiful. Your colors are awesome and you will get there. Just enjoy each stitch. It’s such a great pattern. Pretty soon April will be out and we will have more sections to play with and think about colors. I do agree that a light pink will not work on my piece, but a dark raspberry does sound scrumptious! Ella is coming along nicely. Last night I almost completed the biggest flower on her dress. Lots of confetti stitching, so it seems like I have been working on it for days. I know you want to see her face, but it is still going to be a little while 😉 I am looking forward to getting my yarn in the mail so that I can put more rows into my blanket and hopefully get to some prettier colors soon.

4. Anonymous says:

My comment above came through “anonymous”.

Johanna

5. Anita says:

Adding more colors to the SAL will be interesting. I’m waiting to see what you do with it.
    It’s good to see non-yellows in Ella now. ☺
    Here’s hoping that warmer weather happens soon just so you can get other colors in the temperature blanket. 😂

• Thank you, Anita. I want to get back to the Mystery Sampler and see what I can do with the borders, but I am really addicted to Ella right now. Especially since I am done stitching the bottom of the dress and moving up to her waist. I am almost finished the biggest flower on her dress! Woo Hoo! Still waiting for yarn to arrive to put some more rows into the Temperature blanket. Hopefully soon and hopefully soon the temps will get warmer and I can crochet some prettier colors.

6. Marilyn says:

The SAL is looking great.
    And Ella is too, very pretty on that fabric.
    Marilyn

7. I am absolutely loving that sampler. It is just so pretty, your yarn choice is perfect.
    Ella is looking prettier each day, and yes indeed, the flowers are breaking up the yellow. She is going to be done before we know it.
    Love your blanket. My granny square blanket is coming along nicely as well, and I am feeling good that I will be finished with it by the time the really cold weather arrives.
    Have a great week and happy crafting. 🙂

• I am itching to get back to the sampler, Joey, but Ella has been getting all of my attention right now. I feel like I have made good progress with her and am looking forward to finishing her. I can’t wait to see your granny square blanket finished. It will keep you nice and warm on those chilly nights. I hope your weekend is full of relaxing knitting 🙂

• I totally agree, that sampler is stunning, and I am loving it more each time I see it. But Ella is looking good, and your progress is great. 🙂 Loving her.
        Looking forward to the weekend as well, and blanket crochet. 🙂 Have a lovely day.

8. ivyjade234 says:

Oh I love how Elle is doing. The skirt of the dress looks so beautiful. Even though the colours on your blanket aren’t very bright colours I think it is looking very nice, the colours you choose are so far looking very nice together. 😁❤️

9. E.C. says:

Beautiful needle-work. Your must be a very patient person to do such fine detail work.
    Your temp blanket is pretty. It’ll be fun to watch the rows of colors change with the seasons.

• Thank you, E.C. I am not really a patient person, so it really surprises me that I cross stitch. But it is my passion and I enjoy it so much. My yarn finally arrived last week, so I can get back to my blanket when I can put Ella down 😉

10. robertcday says: