Hello my blogging friends. I am still having back issues, so not much stitching done. But I am making slow progress on Sophia’s Reindeer RR. Hopefully tonight I can really do some serious stitching on Donner. So I will share another of my favorite mermaids with you today.
She is Enchanted Mermaid. But I think she should be the Mermaid Queen as her pose is so similar to the Queens that Nora Corbett created. I love how this Mermaid sparkles under the spotlight, dead center in my living room. You can’t help but gaze at her as you come down the steps into my lower level. I stitched her up in 2007 and was so happy when she was finished. I was not happy when I had her framed. I’n not really a Mat person, but when I took her into the shop to be framed, the fabric was too small. WHAT!! A gal that had worked at the shop, briefly, cut my fabric too small and I didn’t realize it. So when I took it in to be framed, it had to have a “puzzle cut”. Which means that the Mermaid is on a board just about the size she is in the center, so I could get the border I wanted around her. I don’t like the mat at all, and one day I will probably have her re-framed or just get so much time on my hands and re-stitch her. For now I try to look at just her beauty and not the framing.
Ok…So now that I have shown you a mermaid, I have to tell you about an award I was given by a fellow blogger. I was given this award:
A Stitcher’s Stitchingsgave me this wonderful award. Thank you so much. It was a sweet surprise when I read my comments. So, in order to accept this award, I must do a few things:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Ok, check out the blog linked above. I have enjoyed visiting her blog almost daily. And here are 15 blogs that I love to visit-in no particular order-I just love them all:
1. In My Kingdom of Crosses I am the Queen of flosses
4. Elegant Jewels of the Needle
6. Dani, Blackbelt Stitching Wizard
Ok, now for 7 things about myself…
1. I love to craft-cross stitch, knit, stamp, scrapbook, crochet and whatever else looks fun to make.
2. I love the color pink, because pink is an attitude, not a color :o)
3. I am a stay at home Mom to 2 wonderful boys that keep me busy.
4. I am married to my soulmate for 27 years now.
5. I love getting my nails painted.
6. I love FROGS. They are all over my house and in my car.
7. My most favorite place to visit is the Zoo. I LOVE the Chimps and can watch them and photograph them all day long.
Thank you again to A Stitcher’s Stitchings for awarding me the versatile Blogger Award. I hope that you will visit her blog and the others I have mentioned here. Make sure to leave them a comment so they know that you visited.
Have a stitch happy day!
9 thoughts on “Enchanted Mermaid and an award”
Thank you for giving my blog this award. Your Enchanted Mermaid looks awesome and it was nice learning a little bit about you.
Thank you Tracy. And you are welcome.
I hope you got time to stitch yesterday, the mermaid is awesome
.I didn’t get to stitch. Back and hip were giving me problems and couldn’t get in a comfortable position. I’ll try again tonight.
She’s beautifully framed.
Thanks for the award.
The mermaid is beautiful!! When you look at the frame just think of it as the frame leading your eyes to the mat then the mat leading your eyes to the mermaid. Kind of zoning in on the mermaid.
I agree with you on the pink attitude and, of course, the nails. And congrats to you and your hubby on the 27 years together!! I’m so happy for y’all!!
Thanks. I do zone in on the mermaid when I look at her. She is sparkly and I guess I am mesmerized by the bling.
She is beautiful. The framing does not take away from her beauty.
All of your stitching is lovely. I wish I could get as much stitching done as you do.
Thanks, Linda. I see the sparkly mermaid when I look at her. I don’t get much stitching done. Most of the things on my blog have been done in the past. My blog is like a journey through the years of stitching. Look at all of your beautiful stitchings you have done…all those beautiful baby things you have been knitting. You are making me want to get my needles back out. I think that I have a scarf started and never finished…