Hello my blogging friends. I am still having back issues, so not much stitching done. But I am making slow progress on Sophia’s Reindeer RR. Hopefully tonight I can really do some serious stitching on Donner. So I will share another of my favorite mermaids with you today.
She is Enchanted Mermaid. But I think she should be the Mermaid Queen as her pose is so similar to the Queens that Nora Corbett created. I love how this Mermaid sparkles under the spotlight, dead center in my living room. You can’t help but gaze at her as you come down the steps into my lower level. I stitched her up in 2007 and was so happy when she was finished. I was not happy when I had her framed. I’n not really a Mat person, but when I took her into the shop to be framed, the fabric was too small. WHAT!! A gal that had worked at the shop, briefly, cut my fabric too small and I didn’t realize it. So when I took it in to be framed, it had to have a “puzzle cut”. Which means that the Mermaid is on a board just about the size she is in the center, so I could get the border I wanted around her. I don’t like the mat at all, and one day I will probably have her re-framed or just get so much time on my hands and re-stitch her. For now I try to look at just her beauty and not the framing.
Ok…So now that I have shown you a mermaid, I have to tell you about an award I was given by a fellow blogger. I was given this award:
A Stitcher’s Stitchingsgave me this wonderful award. Thank you so much. It was a sweet surprise when I read my comments. So, in order to accept this award, I must do a few things:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Ok, check out the blog linked above. I have enjoyed visiting her blog almost daily. And here are 15 blogs that I love to visit-in no particular order-I just love them all:
Ok, now for 7 things about myself…
1. I love to craft-cross stitch, knit, stamp, scrapbook, crochet and whatever else looks fun to make.
2. I love the color pink, because pink is an attitude, not a color :o)
3. I am a stay at home Mom to 2 wonderful boys that keep me busy.
4. I am married to my soulmate for 27 years now.
5. I love getting my nails painted.
6. I love FROGS. They are all over my house and in my car.
7. My most favorite place to visit is the Zoo. I LOVE the Chimps and can watch them and photograph them all day long.
Thank you again to A Stitcher’s Stitchings for awarding me the versatile Blogger Award. I hope that you will visit her blog and the others I have mentioned here. Make sure to leave them a comment so they know that you visited.
Have a stitch happy day!