My Time Stitching

And whatever else I have been up to…

The “O” is Finished!

on January 24, 2017

Hello my blogging friends.  Last night I finished the letter “O” in my Joy piece and she turned out quite cute 🙂

completed-o

I wish I could capture the true color of the fabric, but I am just not able to.  I just love the little peppermint buttons.  They really make it feel Christmasy 🙂

close-up-of-o

So now I am on to the Y which I put a few stitches in last night.

start-on-y

This photo probably shows the Sage fabric in how looks in person.  More green than the gray in the above photos.  Some day, I will get some sun and hopefully take some better photos.  In case you are just tuning in to this project, I am stitching Nora Corbett’s Fariy Letters on 16ct Aida Sage from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie and I am using a conversion from The Rocking Horse.  So what are you stitching these days?

Today is my birthday, so I am heading out to treat myself to a Tim Horton’s Cappuccino, which I used to drink everyday, but quit on December 7.  I had one yesterday and have only had one other since.  But since today is my special day, I am going to treat myself.  Have a fabulous day and go stitch something!

42 responses to “The “O” is Finished!

1. Happy Birthday! I hope your day is filled with unexpected blessings.
    Your stitching is beautiful!

2. jkwrabbit says:

She is so cute! You are 2/3 done now! Happy Birthday to you!!

3. Happy Birthday!! Enjoy your special day. I am loving watching your fairies come to life and totally agree that the peppermint buttons are perfect.

4. Happy Birthday…The ‘O’ is beautiful, I love those cute little buttons xx

5. ivyjade234 says:

Oh happy birthday!!!! Tim’s cappuccino sounds very good. Enjoy 😊

6. MrsCraft says:

Happy birthday! And what stunning fairies, you’ve picked a lovely project. 😊

7. Anita says:

Happy birthday, Ginny! ☺🎂
    I love how the fairies are turning out.

8. E.C. says:

Happy Birthday! Celebrate well, you deserve it.
    Your O fairy is so pretty. I look forward to watching your progress with the Y. 🙂

9. Happy Birthday, may it be a wonderful and blessed day.
    Your “O” turned out just as stunning. I love the green fabric, and I think it is just perfect for these.
    Have a great day, enjoy and have fun.
    🙂

10. Marilyn says:

This is coming along rather quickly. 🙂
    So pretty.
    Hope you had a wonderful B-day.

• They really are quick stitches, Marilyn. I am enjoying them and it is nice to have a finish in a short amount of time. The J and O took about 11 days each. I am hoping the Y will go as quick so I can get them in for framing 🙂 I will post a progress photo soon. Thank you for visiting 🙂

11. Happy Birthday! The O is very beautiful too! It is going to look awesome once it is all finished!

12. fawn says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINNY!!!! Hope that you had a great day yesterday!!! xoxo
    The O is adorable!! I love her stance and the peppermints are a nice touch!

• Hello Fawn! Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. I had a very nice day and evening. The peppermint buttons are so adorable! I just love them and want to put them on everything now, LOL. I have a large one I am saving for the Y. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a lovely commment ❤

13. salpal1 says:

Happy birthday! I hope you enjoy your delicious drink. 🙂 The stitching looks so beautiful, as it always does. You are amazingly patient. I hope you get some sun for your birthday. It seems ages since we last saw it…

• Thank you so much ❤ I did enjoy the cappuccino and am refraining from going to get another today 😉 Don't want to get back into that habit. Thank you for your sweet comments about my stitching. I am not really a patient person, but when it comes to my stitching I guess I am. Maybe I am just determined. No sun for my birthday. And none today either. Really getting tired of seeing gloomy gray this winter. I can see why it sends some people into depression. I hope the sun shows up in your neck of the woods soon, too. We need sunshine 🙂

• salpal1 says:

I thought we were getting some today – the sun came out in time to set last night, but today is once again gray and gloomy! Good for you kicking the cappuccino habit – it is hard! I understand the difference between patient and determined. People say I knit so fast – I don’t. I knit so much. it accomplishes the same thing but it isn’t the same thing. 🙂

• It was a hard habit to break and I don’t want to get back into it. So easy to fall into a habit. I like your thinking-you knit so much as opposed to fast. I think I fall into that category as in I cross stitch so much and not so fast.

• salpal1 says:

🙂 I had to switch to decaf las tsummer – that was hard. Then I did whole 30 and had to give up allteh coffee because of no sugar or cream. I am back to decaf, but still no sugar. Amazing when I used to like a little coffee with my cream and sugar. 🙂 It is a tough habit to get out of, I hope you are successful in beating it!

• I know what you mean. I went to decaf about 20 years ago. Funny how the cappuccino’s didn’t bother me but a cup of regular gives me chest pains. I used to have a little coffee with my cream and sugar also. Not it’s just 2 sugars and some sugar free hazelnut creamer. I don’t think I could drink coffee without sugar. I will try it tomorrow and see, but I can just see my face now 😛 LOL

• salpal1 says:

lol – I can’t drink it black, but I have learned this year to drink it with only one or the other

14. Marsha Fante says:

This is just glorious! Love it!! Hope you had a nice birthday~~

15. Happy birthday Ginny – I hope you had a lovely day. I can’t wait to see these framed up together – they are gorgeous!

16. mogsya says:

Belated happy birthday. The ‘O’ is lovely and I am sure that the ‘Y’ will be too. Don’t know how but I missed your ‘J’ in case you have done it already. You are such a talented stitcher! I have just finished a piece I have been working on for almost 20 years! I am proud I got it finished though as it will make a wonderful picture – now just to find the right frame. Happy Stitching Ginny! 🙂

• Thank you for the Birthday wishes. I am working on the Y just as fast as I can. I should post and update this week. I did finish the J. Scroll back through my posts. I believe I finished it in early January. Thank you for your sweet comments and continuing to visit my blog 🙂 I would love to see what you have finished after 20 years! You must be over the moon happy!