Hubby and I spent most of the weekend re-organizing. We started in the “man-cave” where we cleaned off the book shelves and got rid of things no longer needed. Then we ordered 2 new shelves with doors to accommodate my 54 (and growing) scrapbooks! The shelves that they are on now are too narrow and the books hang off of the edges by several inches. And only the 2 middle shelves of the 2 current book shelves can be used for 12 x 12 scrapbooks. We will pick up the new shelves on Thursday and hubby will have to put them together. So then what did I organize??
I took all of my cross stitch patterns out of 2 banker boxes and made new files for my filing cabinet that has been sitting empty for a year now. I made all the labels with my brother label maker-LOVE that thing. Above is drawer 1. Here is drawer #2:
This drawer is full of my Mirabilia, Lavender & Lace and Joan Elliott patterns. I even tore apart my “kitted” Mirabilia’s and added the Krenik threads and beads to my collection and just left the pattern with the fabric. I started on the top 2 drawers for my stamping and scrapbooking, but that will be another weekend. I still have 2 bins out in the garage full of cross stitch “stuffs”, but that is mostly bulky things like afghans, pillows, kits, towels, borders and such. I would like to bring them inside and put them on the shelf where the bankers boxes used to be. That too will have to wait for another weekend. It was fun looking through all of my patterns and seeing what I have that I had forgotten about. The only draw-back…I want to start a ton of new things! I did get a little stitching time in this weekend and worked on Erin’s RR. Just started putting the beads on and I will post that when I am finished. I also added a few stitches to August Fairy and here is what she looks like now:
I will add another post in a bit and show you what hubby made for me over the weekend!